Friday, October 22, 2010

I Played With My Kids Instead

My hair may not be brushed, my house isn't perfect and that's okay,  I spent my day off playing with my kids.  That's what really matters right?  Except when unexpected guest's show up.  Guests that talked to the hubby, and made plans that he conveniently forgot to tell me about let alone remember.  Then I am absolutely mortified, and oooh is my hubby in trouble.  I don't know how people with kids keep their house in perfect showroom condition all the time.  I try I truly do, but I can barley find the time to shower between work and being a mom.  Is their something wrong with me or is it all just a facade to make the rest of us feel less than adequate?  I know that if today was my last day on earth I would want to spend it playing princess castle, getting saved by my white knight (brother), not  yelling at them to help clean their rooms.  Being a mom is a beautiful gift and I  try to embrace it everyday.  Why do I feel like a desperate housewife's drop out?  Their are so many things I need to do, but I played with my kids instead.

1 comment:

  1. Take it from someone on the other side from where you are. You will have plenty of time to clean when the kids leave the nest. I played with mine too.

    ReplyDelete